Meat loaf without meat? Yes! It is possible.
If you don’t tell them, your guests won’t know they are eating something healthy and nutritious that does not contain meat.
It is very easy to make and will keep for a week sealed tightly in the refrigerator, making it perfect for lunch the next day. There tastes are limitless. Try this recipe once, then play with it and make it your own tasty treat.
- Serves: 4
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- Preheat oven: 350 F
1 large Carrot
1/2 Green Bell Pepper
1 stalk Celery
1/4 C Parsley
1 lbs Ground Beef or Turkey
1/2 C Old Fashioned Oats
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 6 oz. can Tomato Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a food processor lightly chop the veggies.
- Add half of the tomato sauce (3 oz) along with rest of the ingredients to the food processor.
- Lightly pulse to mix together.
- In a grease a loaf pan add the mixture and top with the rest of the tomato sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
Original recipe and photo courtesy: Violet