One of my personal favourite muffin recipes of all time; these muffins are a delicious and healthy snack.
The sweetness and moisture of the ripe bananas adds all the liquid and natural sugar necessary for a very delicious and healthy alternative to store bought muffins. That means no added refined sugar or flour making these muffins ideal for everyone.
Instead of walnuts, consider substituting coconut, raisins or any other fruit and nut combination you like. These muffins will not only save your money but along with a proper diet and exercise help trim the waistline.
As with all the recipes I post, try them once and then experiment to give it your own flavour.
- Preheat oven to 177 degrees C (350 degrees F)
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 12 large muffins
750 ml (3 cups) almond flour
1.5 ml (1/4 tsp) sea salt
7.4 ml (1 1/2 tsp) baking soda
30 ml (2 tblsp) olive oil (coconut oil is a delicious substitute)
3 large eggs
4-5 very ripe bananas
250 ml (1 cup) chopped walnuts (shredded coconut is a delicious substitute)
- Line 12 muffin cups with liners
- In a large bowl mash the ripe bananas
- Add oil and eggs; blend until mixture is smooth.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda, and mix well.
- Add the walnuts, and combine.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown.
- Let muffins cool in the pan for about half an hour, then serve.
Original source: Isabel De Los Rios